Camp Elderberry is a full day, outdoor experience with the entire Lincoln community. There are lots of activities during the day and a huge potluck in the evening, ending with the 5th Grade Graduation Ceremony. You may also choose to campout in one of the rustic cabins, a tent or you can really rough it in the dormitory.
- – From Olympia: Take Highway 101 North. Take second Shelton exit (Shelton-Matlock) and turn left toward Matlock for 7 miles. Turn left on Highland Road. Go 4 miles to Panhandle Lake Road, turn left into camp driveway.- From Shelton: Take Railroad Avenue through Shelton to Shelton-Matlock Road and proceed as above.
– From Hoquiam/Aberdeen/Montesano: Take US-12 E – go 20.9 mi
Continue on WA-8 E – go 1.1 mi
Turn Left onto Heise Rd N. – go 0.5 mi
Turn Right on Elma McCleary Rd/Old WA-410. – go about 0.4 mi
Take the 1st left onto Hicklin Rd. – go .08 mi
Take the 2nd right onto Cloquallum Rd. – go 10.2 mi
Turn Left on W Highland Rd – go 4.0 mi
Make a Sharp Right Turn on W Panhandlle Lake Rf – go 0.3
Distance: From Hoquiam, up to 42.6 mi & (up to 1 hour 13 mins)
How do I sign up?
All families must turn in permission slips as soon as possible. This helps us organize transportation, activities, and the sign in/sign out/student activity locator binder for the communications tent. There are special permission slips for 5th grade-only activities.
- – Comfortable/durable clothing to move about in.
– Small pack with extra clothes and lunch
– Water bottle
– Tennis or hiking shoes(no open-toed shoes)
– Insect repellant
– Check weather to decide if rain gear and warm clothing is needed.
How can I help?
It’s never too early to start planning for camp! We are looking for a ton of volunteers. We have a variety of ways you can help, from the smallest thread to the largest patch on the quilt. Our main focus is to ensure the safety and well being of your children. We need plenty of volunteers to help organize this event, making this a safe, memorable and fun day.
Contact Jill Lieseke at 561-4154 or Barbara Parker at 943-0625 for more information.